Our employees are ready to provide you construction and installation services of different complexity with the use of geomaterials. They are ready to assist you in choosing materials and supervising design and survey works on the site with the use of geosynthetics.
WHY YOU SHOULD ORDER INSTALLATION FROM KAZGEOSYNTHETICS LLP:
- We are specialized in geomaterials – we produce, design and install the products;
- We can provide installation under challenging conditions;
- With our experience, we are ready to work with big facilities of large area;
- We provide a required set of documents, including CT-KZ (National Manufacturer’s Certificate);
- Dealing with manufacturer reduces risks, as no intermediaries are involved at any stage, from purchase to installation.
GEOMEMBRANE INSTALLATION METHODS:
Geomembrane rolls shall be jointed into sheets by contact or extrusion welding forming a lap weld or T-weld. No butt welding is allowed. Weld strength shall be at least 80 % of primary material strength.
Contact welding should produce double weld with a channel for weld testing.
Contact welding is performed with a hot wedge of an engine-driven welder. The wedge heats the sheets at the place of contact to get a temperature higher than polymer melting point. The pressure rollers produce required welding pressure. As a result, polymer molecule diffusion occurs in the contact zone and a weld forms. The welding temperature is maintained automatically.
Geomembrane contact welding consists of the following steps:
- Lay geomembrane sheets to overlap the edges for 10-15 cm, with no wrinkles or folds.
- Clean the welding area from moisture, dust or dirt.
- Install the welding plant with set welding mode at the beginning of the weld and turn it on. Make welding by moving along the edges of the sheets laid.
Extrusion welding provides feeding (under pressure) of melt polymer to the welding area. The surfaces to be welded transform into tough fluid and welding is produced with melt pressure. A polymeric rod is used as a welding filler.
Extrusion welding to be provided following the order of operations below:
- Remove any melt from the welding plant before the welding.
- Tack weld the sheets with a hot-air plant.
- Treat the sheet surface with an abrasive tool, at least 10 mm from the weld end within half an hour before welding. Polish the ends of all joints produced within five minutes before the beginning of new welding. Polishing depth shall be 10% or less of the sheet thickness. Make crossing welds in the coldest time of the day in order to minimize thermal expansion of polymeric materials. Ensure 10-25 cm overlapping of sheets, provide mechanical peeling of existing welds before the welding.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Your message has been sent sucessfully